Concussion Care in Vancouver
Exercises, education and excellent Concussion Care to improve your quality of life
What is Concussion Care?
A concussion is an injury to the brain following a significant impact to the head typically due to sudden acceleration or deceleration. This results in a biochemical imbalance and decreased blood flow to affected areas leading to energy deficits within the brain.
Symptoms of a concussion include but are not limited to:
- Headaches and nausea
- Impaired cognitive function
- Poor quality of sleep
- Balance and coordination difficulty
What to expect from your Revere Physiotherapy experience?
- Exercise therapy- we provide patients with an exercise regime that stimulates blood flow to the brain to expedite recovery.
- Manual Therapy- includes manual manipulation of muscles and mobilization of joints to ease symptoms, especially in the case of whiplash injuries
- Vestibular Rehabilitation- Symptoms of dizziness and balance difficulties can be alleviated with specialized assessments and interventions.
- Read here to know more
Insurance Covered & Submitted for You
Concussion Care FAQ
If you are suspecting a concussion it is advisable that you rest for 48 hours following which you may consult a physiotherapist with expertise in concussion care.
While this may vary depending on several factors, symptoms can take 2 -3 weeks to disappear, sometimes longer. With physiotherapy we are looking to better manage these symptoms and reduce impact on daily life.